eCopy PDF Pro Office 45-day trial
Thank you for choosing Nuance eCopy PDF Pro Office (v6.3) 45-day Trial.
Download the right option for your
- Now Windows 10 compatible!
If you experience any problems, please visit the support section of our website.
Thanks again for choosing www.eCopySoftware.com to download your trial.
Nuance eCopy PDF Pro Office
Your trial software will expire 45 days after first installed.
*To see your System Type, go to Control Panel and click System (Windows 7) or System and Security and then System (Windows 8, 8.1, 10).
STANDARD Save to and Extract from Cloud Based Storage.
If you purchased from our company FREE online training all employees.
eCopy PDF Pro Office 6.3 Release Notes
These release notes discuss the following topics:
Newupdates in the 6.3 release
Minimum System Requirements
- A computer with an Intel® Pentium® 4 or higher processor
- Supported operating systems
- Windows 10; 32-bit and 64-bit Editions
- Windows 8.1; 32-bit and 64-bit Editions
- Windows 8; 32-bit and 64-bit Editions
- Windows 7; 32-bit and 64-bit Editions with Service Pack 1
- Windows 2003, 2008 R2, 2012 R2 Server (Citrix, AD, WTS)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or above
- 512MB of memory (RAM), 1GB recommended
- 700MB of free hard disk space for application files plus 50MB working space during installation
- Sound card is optionally required for using the functionality of the supplied Text-To-Speech Engine and a noise-cancelling headset microphone is needed for using the Dragon Notes feature
- Web access needed for product registration, activation, Dragon Notes and obtaining live updates for the program.
- To save DOCX, XLSX and PPTX files (for Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013 Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and to use EMC Documentum, DropBox or Evernote connectors you need Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. If it is not detected, it is installed with the product.
Note: Performance and speed will be enhanced if your computer’s processor, memory, and available disk space exceed minimum requirements. This is especially true when converting very large color PDF files. Hyper-thread enabled or multi-processor systems can deliver better performance.
Third Party Licenses/Notices
This software is based, in part, on the work of the Independent JPEG Group.
The software is based, in part, on the work of Colosseum Builders, Inc.
Portions of this software are copyright © FreeType Project ( www.freetype.org), version 2.4.9. All rights reserved.
The software is based, in part, on the work of Kakadu Software.
The software is based, in part, on the zlib Compression Library.
The word verification, spelling and hyphenation portions of this product are based in part on Proximity Linguistic Technology. The Proximity Hyphenation System © Copyright 1988. All Rights Reserved. Franklin Electronic Publishers, Inc. The Proximity/Merriam-Webster American English Linguibases. © Copyright 1982, 1983, 1987, 1988 Merriam-Webster Inc. All Rights Reserved © Copyright 1982, 1983, 1987, 1988 Franklin Electronic Publishers, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Words are checked against the 116,000, 80,821, 92,641, 106713, 118,533, 91928, 103,792, 130,690, and 140,713 word Proximity/Merriam- Webster Linguibases. The Proximity/Collins British English Linguibases. © Copyright 1985 William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Legal and Medical Supplements © Copyright 1982 Merriam-Webster Inc. All Rights Reserved © Copyright 1982, 1985 Franklin Electronic Publishers, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Words are checked against the 80,307, 90,406, 105,785, and 115,784 word Proximity/Collins Linguibases. The Proximity/Collins French, German, Italian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Portuguese (Continental), Spanish Linguibases. © Copyright 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988 William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. All Rights Reserved © Copyright 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988 Franklin Electronic Publishers, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Words are checked against the 136,771, 150,893, 178,839, 207,119, 212,565, and 194,393 word Proximity/Collins Linguibases. The Proximity/Van Dale Dutch Lingubase. © Copyright 1987 Van Dale Lexicografie bv. © Copyright 1987 Franklin Electronic Publishers, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Words are checked against the 119,614 word Proximity/Van Dale Linguibase. The Proximity/ Munksgaard Danish Linguibase. © Copyright 1988 Munksgaard International Publishers Ltd. All Rights Reserved © Copyright 1988 Franklin Electronic Publishers, Inc. All Rights Reserved .Words are checked against the 113,000 word Proximity/Munksgaard Linguibase. The Proximity/IDE Norwegian and Swedish Linguibases. © Copyright 1988 IDE a.s. All Rights Reserved © Copyright 1988 Franklin Electronic Publishers, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Words are checked against the 126,123 and 150,000 word Proximity/IDE Linguibases.
INSO/Vantage Research dictionaries: International CorrectSpell ™ spelling correction system © 1993 by Lernout & Hauspie All Rights Reserved.
Slovenian Speller Database, copyright © 2002 Ambeis d.o.o. All Rights Reserved. Esperanto dictionary based on compilation by Toon Witkam and Stefan MacGill.
The SoftwarePassport/Armadillo Software Protection System Copyright 1998-2007 by the Silicon Realms Toolworks. All Rights Reserved.
This software is based, in part, on the PNG Reference Library (libpng).
InstallShield® 2008 Copyright © 1997-2007 Macrovision Corporation and/or Macrovision Europe Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
AES encryption/decryption copyright © 2001, Dr Brian Gladman, Worcester, UK. All Rights Reserved.
This product includes elements developed by the OpenSSL project, including software written by Eric Young and Tim Hudson.
Clip Art ‘Radiating confidence’, ‘Reading a Report’, ‘Veterinarian’ and ‘Nurse’ © Karina MacGill, 2009. All Rights Reserved.
Implements Adobe® Architecture XFA® specification © 2009 Adobe Systems Incorporated All Rights Reserved.
Development tools from Microsoft © 2009 Microsoft Corp. All Rights Reserved.
Nuance, the Nuance logo, ScanSoft, OmniPage, True Page and Logical Form Recognition are trademarks or registered trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc. or its affiliate companies in the United States of America and / or other countries. Microsoft, Windows and Outlook are registered trademarks and / or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. InstallShield is a registered trademark of Macrovision Corp. All other company names or product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Installation, Activation, Registration
1. Insert the CD-ROM or DVD in the appropriate drive
The installation program will start automatically. If it does not, locate your CD-ROM or DVD drive in Microsoft® Windows® Explorer and double-click the converter's AutoRun.exe file. Select a language for installation. The InstallShield® Wizard will appear. (If you have downloaded the program from the Nuance web site, double-click its AutoRun.exe file.)
Note: Do not use the setup.exe located on the installation media! It does not perform the complete installation.
2. License and Serial Number
You must accept the license agreement in order to proceed. You must enter a serial number. You will find this on the CD or DVD packaging or on the Nuance web site at the download location. Serial numbers never include the letter “O”, always use zero. Be sure to keep the serial number in a safe place; it is fully checked only during product activation and is also needed for any re-installations.
3. Location and Setup Type
The installer offers a default location for the program. Accept it or define a different one. Select Complete or Custom Setup. Choose Custom to accept or decline installation of the PDF unlocking component. Choose Custom also to enable or disable the integration of PDF Converter and PDF Create in other programs or to control installation of certain program components. By default, all the programs offered in the PDF Pro Office Integration panels of the InstallShield Wizard will be enabled. (You can change integration settings later by choosing the program under Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel and clicking Change and then Repair.) Do not install the product to the Windows installation directory, to other system folder or mapped network drives.
You will be invited to activate the product at the end of installation. Please ensure that web access is available. Provided your serial number is found at its storage location and has been correctly entered, no user interaction is required and no personal information is transmitted. If you do not activate the product at installation time, you will be invited to do this each time you invoke the program. PDF Pro Office creates PDF files with a trial watermark on each page if you use it without activation. If you ignore the first five activation prompts, you must activate products separately and manually - a much more time-consuming process. You will be allowed to re-install the program a reasonable number of times without having re-activation problems, because un-installation includes a de-activation step. The serial number is needed for reinstallation and web access is needed for de-activation and re-activation. The Enterprise version of this product does not require activation and is designed for network installation. For registration and activation troubleshooting see the Nuance Knowledge Base at http://nuance.custhelp.com/.
Note: Keep the serial number of earlier versions, to retain the option of installing them on a different computer.
PDF Pro Office and other Nuance products
Previous versions of PDF Create and/or PDF Converter products might be installed on your computer with the different versions of OmniPage and PaperPort. The installer of PDF Pro Office detects previous versions of these PDF products and upgrades them. You can skip upgrading the PDF Converter component during the installation process to keep the previous version PDF Converter, but it does not cooperate with the latest version of PDF Pro Office. The previous PDF Create has to be updated with its newest version, as included in PDF Pro Office. Two versions of PDF Pro Office and PDF Create cannot be installed together. This product can co-exist with the Nuance Power PDF and Nuance PDF Reader. PDF Pro Office installer does not detect if these products are installed.
General Application Notes
Downloading Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework
Please read the appropriate section of the System Requirements to learn why you may need Microsoft .Net 4.0 Framework.
Cloud based storage support>
- Nuance Cloud Connector
Document Management System (DMS) support only in the Enterprise Edition
- eDOCS DM (former Hummingbird Enterprise™) 5.3.1, 10
PDF Pro Office supports eDOCS systems if a DM Extensions API is installed and configured on the client machine. The product is also integrated into Windows Explorer DM Extension.
- HP WorkSite 8.3, 8.5, 9
PDF Pro Office supports HP WorkSite systems if DeskSite 8.2 or FileSite 8.2 for WorkSite 8.3 or Desksite 8.5 or FileSite 8.5 for WorkSite 8.5 or Desksite 9 or FileSite 9 for WorkSite 9 is installed and configured on the client machine. The product is also integrated into DeskSite and FileSite clients.
- Worldox™ GX2, GX3
- Livelink® ECM - Enterprise Server 9.7.0 and 10. from OpenText Corp.
PDF Pro Office supports LiveLink ECM if LiveLink Explorer Professional Windows Client is installed and configured on the client machine.
- Microsoft® SharePoint Server 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) 3.0 and Microsoft® Office 365
- Xerox DocuShare 6 and 6.5
PDF Pro Office supports Interwoven Xerox DocuShare if Xerox DocuShare Client is installed and configured on the client machine.
- EMC2® Documentum 7.1, 6.7
PDF Pro Office supports EMC Documentum if DFC Client 6.5 is installed and configured on the client machine.
PDF Pro Office supports NetDocuments Cloud-Based Document management integrating the ndOffice SDK 1.3.4®.
- OnBase 13+
To work with Hyland's OnBase from PDF Pro Office the Nuance module must be licensed on the OnBase server.
- Opentext Enterprise Connect 10.5+
OpenText Content Server is supported if Enterprise Connect Framework 10.5 or higher is installed on the client machine.
Microsoft Office compatibility
Conversion to different editable formats can be performed whether or not the target applications are installed on your system. However, to use the results, you need the applications associated to the target file types you want to use (for example Microsoft Office 2007 (SP1), Microsoft Office 2010 or 2013 for DOCX, XLSX and PPTX files and Corel WordPerfect X5 or X6 for .wpd files).
- Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11
Viewing PDF documents in browser, creating PDF documents from web pages and opening links to PDF documents in PDF Converter are supported.
- Latest version of Firefox at the date of release (version 38)
Viewing PDF documents in browser and opening links to PDF documents in PDF Converter are supported.
- Latest version of Google Chrome at the date of release (version 43)
Viewing PDF documents in browser is supported.
Adobe® Flash Player
To view, edit or create PDF portfolios you should have or install Adobe® Flash Player.
The scanner support is exactly the same as in other Nuance products such as OmniPage or PaperPort.
Install your scanner before you install PDF Pro Office
Your scanner must be working independently of the program prior to connecting it to the program. Scanners to be used by the product should be installed according to the scanner manufacturer’s specifications. Please consult the documentation that came with your scanner for information.
TWAIN, WIA and ISIS drivers
PDF Pro Office supports scanners that are controlled by TWAIN, WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) or ISIS scanner drivers. PDF Pro Office 6 supports any fully TWAIN- WIA- or ISIS-compliant scanner or other input devices that can supply at least a binary (black-and-white) image in a supported resolution (200 to 600 dots per inch).
Scanner Setup Wizard
PDF Pro Office includes a Scanner Setup Wizard that will automatically test your scanner for use with the product. It is launched automatically the first time you try to scan images to PDF document. You can also launch it from the menu Edit/Preferences/General/Scanner Setup. The scanning process can be driven either by the UI provided by the scanner manufacturer or in UI-less mode with pre-defined settings (One Touch scan). For more details please read the appropriate section of the product Help.
Since scanners change frequently, please refer to http://support.nuance.com/compatibility/ for the most recent information about scanner compatibility. If you are having problems with your scanner, please contact the scanner manufacturer for assistance. Often, scanner manufacturers maintain web sites that provide the latest scanner drivers, answers to frequently asked questions, and other information about their products.
General Technical Notes
- Installation of the eDOCS DM Extension and Interwoven DeskSite add-ons (available for the enterprise edition only)
The product installer detects the presence of the client software of these DMS and registers add-ons for them providing PDF document related features. If the DMS client components are not installed in advance, the registration of the add-ons is skipped by the product installer.
You can control the integration of these add-ons if the installation of the DMS client is performed later or if you just want to enable or disable the feature. The appropriate Edit/Preferences dialog is extended with a menu item for this purpose.
- Opening XPS files in Word 2007 using File/Open
The product provides an MS Word input filter for XPS files. This component allows XPS files to be opened using the standard File/Open menu. The Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Microsoft Office 2007 is required for this feature. If you don’t have this update installed on your computer, a warning message appears after selecting an XPS file, because Word does not recognize the foreign file format properly. The lack of the SP1 has no other effect on XPS conversions.
- The buttons ‘Open PDF…’ (for MS Word Extension) and ‘PDF Converter’ (for MS Outlook Extension) appear. Both of them work properly; use the ‘PDF Converter’ button to convert PDF mail attachments.
- If a received mail with a PDF attachment is in Rich Text Format, the ‘PDF Converter’ button for MS Outlook may not appear. Save the attachment to a file and convert it using Nuance PDF Converter Assistant or select it in Windows® Explorer®, use a right mouse click for a shortcut menu, and convert it from there.
- If the mail format is RTF, sending a mail from Microsoft® Word might fail when the PDF Converter Outlook Add-in is registered.
- Non-standard encoded PDF files
Handling of non-standard encoded PDF files is changed in PDF Converter Assistant compared to the previous version. The software can automatically detect this type of PDF file and uses OCR to get a more accurate conversion result. You can turn this feature on or off in the Processing Mode panel of PDF Converter Assistant. Turning it off gives faster speed with the same character recognition accuracy as the text copy/paste operation in a PDF viewer or editor application. For better accuracy, the automatic detection is turned on by default.
- This allows you to remove embedded fonts from PDF documents to reduce their size. Only the Windows ANSI encoded fonts can be removed from the files. Removing embedded fonts may result in modified appearance when the file is distributed.
- This also provides a feature to compress different PDF objects using Flate encoding. This encoding is used only when the resulting compressed stream is smaller than the original one. This means that after using Optimizer, certain streams may remain non-encoded and the file size is not reduced as much as expected.
- Using the Redaction tool in the Enterprise Edition
- After using the Redaction tool, the Save As dialog box appears, even if the File/Save menu has been selected. This behavior prevents you from overwriting the original file and losing the redacted content.
- The redaction dialog box provides a checkbox for Remove all occurrences of the marked content. This refers to repeating content in the document, like headers, footers or Bates Stamps applied to all pages or a range of pages. It does not refer to multiple occurrences of a word in the document. For this purpose, use the Search and Redact feature.
- Please take into consideration that the attachments of PDF files are not redacted by the product. Removal of the sensitive data from documents has to be done before attaching them to the PDF file.
- Non-PDF documents inside PDF Portfolios are not redacted by the product. Removal of the sensitive data from documents has to be done before adding them to the PDF portfolio.
New updates in the 6.3 point release
- Windows 10: Support for both the 32- and 64-bit versions
- Support for saving to PDF/A versions 3a, 3b and 3u and checking compliance with these standards.
- Support added for the following storage systems:
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
- OpenText Enterprise Connect 10.5+
- eDocs Enterprise version 10 (formerly Hummingbird)
- Worldox version GX3
- Hyland’s OnBase 13+
- ECM Documentum versions 6.7 and 7.1
- NetDocuments; full support now provided, not just upload
- Implementation of recent technological developments in the underlying OCR engine.
- User settings are transferred when upgrading from Pro Office 6.2 or earlier.
- Using the Advanced Edit feature, please note that converting either an Image PDF or a Searchable PDF file may result in an unsatisfactory conversion. Image PDF and Searchable PDF files require OCR (Optical Character Recognition) in order to be processed by Advanced Edit. Please convert these types of PDF files to their native format (either through the Convert button or from PDF Converter Assistant) to generate an editable document type. Then open the resulting document in a program such as Microsoft Word or Excel to perform the advanced editing.
- During the un-installation process for eCopy PDF Pro Office, the PDF file open/viewing association may be altered or removed. After the installation is complete, it may be necessary to repair/reinstall your 3rd Party PDF software to re-establish the PDF File open/viewing association.
- When installing PDF Pro Office in a Windows 2003 Server environment, an additional Windows component may be necessary. PDF Pro Office requires the Windows Imaging Component (WIC), which provides an extensible framework for working with images and image metadata. By default, this component is not installed in a Windows Server 2003 environment.
- For a 32 bit environment, use this link to download WIC from Microsoft.com: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8E011506-6307-445B-B950-215DEF45DDD8.
- For a 64-bit environment, use this link to download WIC from Microsoft.com: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=F64654AC-6E26-41D9-A90A-0E7783B864EE.
- Pembroke-based TWAIN drivers of HP contain a bug that can cause scanning issues from eCopy PDF Pro Office. If scanning is initiated by clicking on the Scan button of the "Profile Edit" dialog of the Scanner driver, it will not disappear automatically when the driver is disabled and its dialogs should be closed manually. At any further attempt of scanning the scanner driver will crash. The workaround is to avoid scanning from the "Profile Edit" dialog, use the Scan button of the main UI ("Scan Settings" dialog) of the driver.
- Cannot scan in high resolution with WIA2: HP Scanjet 7000 s2 scanner driver if Display scanner dialog box option is selected in Scanner Setup dialog and color mode scanning is selected.
- When attaching a file from a Connection, such as EMC Documentum, the attachment might loose the extension if the Title property of the document or the name of the file contains multiple dots.
- When connecting to the Livelink server in OpenText's Livelink SaveAs dialog from the 'Save in' drop-down and cancelling the connection the LiveLink dialog causes a crash.
eCopy PDF Pro Office can be configured for Active Directory, SMS and Citrix deployment. Network and server deployment requires an OLP (Open License Program) agreement with Nuance. For deployment instructions please review the "Network Install Guide". For assistance with deployment, a maintenance agreement is required.
Use of the eCopy PDF Pro Office automation API requires a volume license and is not available to users who purchase the individual or Non-Volume licenses through consumer, distribution or reseller channels.
A Nuance team maintains a database to answer many technical questions relating to different products. Please visit the site http://nuance.custhelp.com/, if you have questions related to eCopy PDF Pro Office.